You need to drop a few pounds ASAP! You have been putting it off for too long. At some point in the next 90 days you may actually have to fit into a bathing suit and expose things you have been hiding for the last few months (years… decades…). You can lose 10 pounds in the next three weeks with just a little effort. Assuming you have read The Diet for a Busy Life and understand how to create a balanced approach, my simple Summer Diet Plan should give you a boost of energy and help you to quickly lose weight.
Here is what you need to do right now:
- Put a goal date on the calendar three weeks from now (July 13th as of this writing).
- Put something fun on your calendar for the following weekend (July 20). Make it something to be excited about and an event you will look forward to. Will a bathing suit be involved?
- Put a daily reminder on your phone for 6am for the next three weeks. Constantly remind yourself of your mission to lose 10 pounds.
- Block a day or two on your calendar to address three things you have been procrastinating. This is important to reduce stress and to create a sense of achievement. You want to become addicted to the feelings associated with accomplishment.
- Get on a scale and weigh yourself (yikes!). Note the weight in a journal.
Here is what you need to do every day:
- Consume 4-6 liters of water. Keep a water jug handy at all times.
- Go for a brisk 30-minute walk (at a minimum).
- Every morning at the same time note your weight in a journal.
Every week you need to consume the following:
- 1-dozen eggs
- 4-lbs. of chicken breast
- 2-lbs of fish fillet (salmon, tilapia, swordfish)
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 head of lettuce
- 1 large stalk of celery
- 1 large stalk of broccoli
- 1 bag/bunch of carrots
- 5 Apples
- 1 carton of strawberries
- 1 bag of frozen (or fresh) peas
- 1 bag of frozen (or fresh) raspberries
- 7-10 slices of cheese
- 1 large container of 4% cottage cheese
You are not allowed to drink soda, fruit juices, or beer and you are not allowed to eat things like chips, pretzels or French fries. Do not eat sweets of any kind. Avoid breads and pastas.
The idea behind the plan is to keep things simple. You want to eat mostly all-natural foods and reduce the complexity of your diet. These foods are also high in protein or fiber, two things that will help you to feel full longer. The amounts listed are a guide. Do not starve yourself. For more information and ideas grab a copy of The Diet for a Busy Life.
Finally, you have enough stress in your life. Do not let the desire to lose weight add even more stress. Relax and take it slowly. Most importantly have fun! Summer is way too short as it is!