In our busy world who has time to cook a healthy breakfast? The simple answer is: we all do! The more pertinent question is: Who has the energy? Or, who has the motivation?
A healthy breakfast consisting of all natural foods like eggs, bacon, cheese, fruit and/or vegetables is what your body needs in the morning. It is much better than breakfast cereal and much better than skipping breakfast all together. The problem is many people have the mindset that there is too much effort involved. I want to change this.
I can cook a scrumptious egg burrito in less than 10 minutes. AND…within 20 minutes I have also slurped it down (slowly of course), drank a cup of coffee, and… cleaned all the dishes. When I am done the only evidence I leave behind are a few eggs missing from the carton. I challenge you to do the same. Can you cook a healthy breakfast in less that 10 minutes?
Here is how I do it:
- Grab a pan, throw it on the burner and turn it to medium heat.
- Get out all of the ingredients: eggs, butter, milk, cheese,salsa, sour cream, burrito wrap(s).
- Drop a dollop of butter in the pan, put the butter away, reuse the spoon later.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, whisk, then blend in some milk.
- Pour the mix into the pan. Place the bowl into the dishwasher.
- Grab a plate put the burrito on it and either place it in the oven on low heat or get it ready to microwave.
- Scramble the eggs, add the cheese. I prefer to add the salsa and sour cream at the last second – or you could rub some onto the wrap.
- Add the egg mix to your burrito and enjoy.
- Clean up the dishes.
Voila! What are your ideas for a speedy, healthy breakfast?